- We are pleased to announce that SUI 2024 will be held in Trier Germany. It will be co-chaired by Florian Daiber, André Zenner and Tony Huang, and co-located with ACM VRST. Look forward to seeing everyone again in Oct 2024 in Germany!
- SUI 2023 completed successfully! Thank you to everyone for your help, support and participation. Stay tuned, location of SUI 2024 will be announced soon.
- SUI 2023 paper awards announced!
- Conference proceedings published
- Conference program has been updated
- Conference venue and accommodation has been updated
- We are open for registration now. The early bird due date is 10 Sept 2023 and everyone is welcomed to join us!
- Paper notifications have been sent out with an acceptance rate of 36%
- Professor Misha Sra has accepted to give a keynote at SUI 2023!!
- A record high number of paper submissions received. We are expecting an exicting and high-quality technical program! Now posters and demos are open for submission
- Professor Kiyoshi Kiyokawa has accepted to give a keynote at SUI 2023!!
- Great news if you need a bit more time for a quality submssion: Paper due date has been extended to June 30, 2023, 23:59 (anywhere on earth)
- Second journal special issue approved: Journal on Multimodal User Interfaces (SCI indexed, impact factor:1.694). All authors will be invited
- Professor Tim Dwyer has accepted to give a keynote at SUI 2023!!
- Paper submssion is due very soon: June 23, 2023, 23:59 (anywhere on earth)
- Accepted Workshops: Computer Vision for Spatial User Interaction (CvSUI 2023)
- Accepted Workshops: Interactive Spatial Interfaces for Health and Well-being
- First journal Special Issue approved: Computers & Graphics (SCI indexed, impact factor:1.821)
SUI 2023 Paper Awards
Best paper award:
Motohiro Makiguchi, Ayaka Sano, Takahiro Matsumoto, Hiroshi Chigira and Takayoshi Mochiduki: Implementation of Interactive Mirror-Transcending Aerial Imaging System
Best paper honorable mention award:
Xiliu Yang, Aimée Sousa Calepso, Felix Amtsberg, Achim Menges and Michael Sedlmair: Usability Evaluation of an Augmented Reality System for Collaborative Fabrication between Multiple Humans and Industrial Robots
Ken Pfeuffer, Jan Obernolte, Felix Dietz, Ville Mäkelä, Ludwig Sidenmark, Pavel Manakhov, Minna Pakanen and Florian Alt: PalmGazer: Unimanual Eye-hand Menus in Augmented Reality
Best poster award:
Zaran Zahid, Mingze Xi, Stuart Anderson, Madhawa Perera, Matt Adcock: Mitigating inherent latency in off-device computer vision for spatial interfaces
Best poster honourable mention award:
Ryoto Nohara, Hironori Ishikawa, Hiroyuki Manabe: Positions of Wearable Keyboard in VR Environment
Best demo award:
Ben Simons, Thomas Ricciardiello and Darren Lee: Multi-User Collaborative Interaction System: Cosy Living Room
ACM SUI brings together top researchers and practitioners from around the world who focus on spatial interaction for Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, and for ubiquitous, intelligent/smart and real environments. SUI is a premier venue for presenting research on the design and use of technologies that focus on the challenges of interacting with the volumetric, 3D space we live in. This considers both spatial input and spatial output, with an emphasis on issues of human-centred interaction.
Due to recent advances in 3D technologies and in fields such as Virtual Reality, spatial interaction is now more relevant than ever before. The goal of the symposium is to support an intensive exchange between both industry and academic researchers working in this area and to foster new discussions among participants. This year we changed SUI from a 2-day to a 3-day full conference for the first time. We also extended our scope to include Immersive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence supported interaction. We invite contributions from a wide range of fields including design, social science, arts and creative Industries, and other application domains. We also introduce a new track of workshop and special sessions that are organised by our participants to discuss more focused and/or emerging research and technical topics.
ACM SUI 2023 is the 11th edition of the Symposium on Spatial User Interaction. The symposium will be held face-to-face October 13-15 in Sydney. We warmly welcome you to join us in this premier international forum for sharing exciting new research and development in the field while meeting your peers and enjoying the beautiful Sydney!
Further, to maximize the benefit of your travel, together with the chairs of two other conferences, we have organised the "Southern Hemisphere XR Weeks" event. That is, the following three major XR conferences are held in the AU-NZ region within the same two-week period, allowing our participants to take advantage of 1) Three XR Conferences in one trip! 2) Coordinated submission deadlines! and 3) Direct flights from Christchurch to Sydney!
Tony Huang & Misha Sra
ACM SUI'2023 general co-chairs