July 21, 2021, 23:39 (anywhere on earth)
August 30, 2021
|Camera Ready Deadline
September 17, 2021, 23:39 (anywhere on earth)
We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI 2021).
SUI will be held virtually Monday, November 8th through Wednesday, November 10th
We seek original, unpublished papers documenting original research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications, from all areas of spatial user interaction. User interface evaluations are strongly encouraged for every publication in this venue. Specific topics of interest include:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction in mixed, augmented, and virtual reality
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
The symposium invites full and short paper submissions. Papers are of variable length, with length based on the required detail for the contribution.
- Full papers (normally 8 pages, maximum 10; excluding references) should describe research or design work within the scope of spatial user interaction.
- Short papers (up to 4 pages; excluding references) should address the same topic, but may include preliminary results or conceptual ideas.
Covid-19 Notes: The Covid-19 pandemic has introduced widespread challenges with regards to in-person user studies. Authors are encouraged to consider alternative ways for presentation and validation instead of canceling a submission. For instance, research papers may report online studies, analytical discussions of work-in-progress or expert feedback as applicable. System papers may report how known techniques and technologies were integrated to produce an effective system, along with system performance evaluations and/or lessons learned in the process. Review papers may describe literature surveys or meta-analyses of a significant body of literature. Theoretical papers may focus on algorithms, terminology, or concepts that relate to the topic areas listed above.
Accepted work will be archived in the ACM Digital Library, and will be provided as open-access for the first month following the symposium. Please note that at least one author of each accepted submission will be required to register to present at the symposium. If no author is registered by the early registration deadline, the accepted work will be withdrawn from the proceedings and digital libraries.
- Submissions must not be previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere and must not be under review by any other publication venue during SUI 2021’s reviewing period. Double submissions will be desk-rejected without review. In doubt, contact the program chairs or include a properly anonymized version of the competitive manuscript as supplementary materials.
- All submissions should be prepared in the ACM SIG Proceedings format. For the Latex version, please use the sigconf template.
- Submitted papers should be anonymous for the double blind reviewing process. We strongly encourage you to not anonymize citations to your own works. These should not be omitted, but referenced in 3rd person. For example, you can write "In a study by Jones et al. ..." and reference your own paper, instead of "In my previous work ...", with the reference listed as " Blank for review."
- Highly relevant references to accepted, but still unavailable (i.e., "in press") publications may be used, but should be included with author’s permission as supplementary materials.
- Submissions should be made through the online submission system. Please specify the following submission options:
Society: SIGCHI, Conference/Journal: SUI 2021, Track: SUI 2021 Papers
Questions should be directed to the SUI 2021 Program Chairs through email: email@example.com.